- This event has passed.
Field Day 2019 – Fun time Camping and playing Radio
June 19 - June 24$25
- What is Field Day? Good question so here is a document the ARRL put together http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2019/2019%20FD%20Flier%20-%20What%20is%20FD.pdf
- The location has been finalized. We will be at the Moqui Group Campground again. https://goo.gl/maps/AadnwCfbTEK2
- This site has toilets and running cold water. There are NO RV HOOKUPS. Any car can access the site. High clearance and all-wheel drive are NOT needed.
- Cellular service is very limited and likely will not be available. However, we will have internet and special cell service setup and reserved for select club members. This can be used by anyone in the event of an emergency.
- Campfires are allowed. Loud music, drugs, and obscene behavior are not. This is a family-friendly event. Alcohol is allowed as long as you drink responsibly.
- Anyone is welcome to attend, even non-hams!
- If you plan on staying overnight, please consider donating $25 for the site fee. This is NOT REQUIRED.
- Bring as many radios and antennas as you wish…or none at all. We will have plenty. We will be experimenting with many different modes and systems. That said, we will also be relaxing and socializing. Again… radio not required.
- Come prepared for all weather scenarios. Severe thunderstorms frequent the area and can cause extensive damage if not prepared.
- Members will begin arriving on Wednesday afternoon. You are welcome to join for the entire time or just a few hours. It’s up to you.
- We will be beaconing on APRS as WM7RC-6 pretty much at all times. This is a full message capable APRS system. To see the APRS beacon live, visit http://aprs.fi and enter WM7RC-6 in the search. We will be monitoring the rimlink system, DMR 3104, Dstar REF009C, and possibly a wires x room. SIMPLEX 446.050 and 146.52 WILL BE MONITORED 24/7. 446.050 will be our club talk-around frequency.